By accessing this Site, and/or using the Services, you hereby agree:
- that you are the user of the Site, and/or Services and are 18 years or above. Alcohol listings on the Site, or Services are intended for those who are 18 years or above, and may only be purchased by those who are 18 years and above.
Site, and Services
- The Site is owned and maintained by Northsea.
- Northsea operates an online grocery store through the Site, which offers one or more of the following features and services (each a “Service” and collectively the “Services”), mainly for the browsing and purchasing of grocery and non-grocery products; and operates and offers scheduling of third party seller (Marketplace), logistics provider, courier, or vehicle through the use of Site:
- access to a collection of information, products, services, data, text, listings, pricing, graphics, images, videos, audio files and other types of works;
- search engines or tools;
- blogs, message boards, communication tools;
- email or message alerts; and
- any other services, features, content or applications that Northsea may offer through the Site from time to time in our sole and absolute discretion.
- Northsea reserves the right to change, modify, suspend or discontinue the whole or any portion of the Services, Site at any time. We may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or the entire Services or Site without notice or liability.
- You agree not to reproduce, copy, modify, adapt, translate, publish, display, communicate, transmit, broadcast, distribute, sell, trade, exploit or use for any commercial or other purposes, any portion of, or any access to:
- any Service;
- the Site;
- any materials, information, news, advertisements, listings, pricing, data, input, text, songs, audio, video, pictures, graphics, software, blogs, forums, message boards, broadcasts, comments, suggestions, ideas and other content, that is made available on or via the Site or Services (collectively, “Content”),
- Without prejudice to the generality of Clause 2.1, you agree not to reproduce, display or otherwise provide access to the Site, Services or Content, for example through framing, mirroring, linking, spidering, scraping or any other technological means (including any technology available in the future), without the prior written permission of Northsea.
- The Site, and all Content are the copyrighted work of Northsea or our content or software providers, and Northsea reserves and retains all rights in the Site and Content.
- You may not decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Site or any Content, except under the specific circumstances expressly permitted by law or Northsea in writing.
- You may not hack into, interfere with, disrupt, disable, over-burden or otherwise impair the proper working of the Site, Services or our servers, which shall include but is not limited to denial-of-service attacks, spoof attacks, session hacking, sniffing, tampering, spamming, reverse engineering or reprogramming.
- To access certain parts of the Site, or Services, you will be required to sign-up for an account with Northsea (“Account”) and select a user name (“User Name“) and password (“Password“).
- You are solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your User Name and Password. You agree not to:
- share or permit others to use your Account or Password; or
- assign or transfer your Account to any other person or entity.
- You shall be bound by and responsible for all communications and online activity transmitted or conducted through the use of your Account. Northsea shall have no responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost, expenses, or liabilities arising as a result of or in connection with the wrongful or fraudulent use of your Account. If you are aware of any actual or suspected unauthorised use(s) of your Account, or loss, theft, or unauthorised disclosure of your Password, please promptly notify us at. You may not authorize others to use your user account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your user account to any other person or entity
- Each household or delivery address may only register one (1) Account. Multiple Account(s) registering the same delivery address may be permitted at our sole discretion.
- Please provide accurate, complete, and up-to-date information required for your Account. You may at any time change or update your Account information.
- Where a delivery address is associated with multiple Account(s) without our written authorisation, or fraudulent or wrongful use of an Account is detected or suspected, we reserve the right at our sole discretion and without liability, and without prejudice to our other rights and remedies under this Agreement or at law, to immediately:
- cancel any orders placed through such Account(s);
- cancel or invalidate any credits or discount vouchers, coupons or codes awarded to or used by such Account(s) and charge full price for items purchased;
- prohibit such Account(s) or persons from participating in any promotions, contests or surveys of Northsea; and/or
- merge, suspend and/or terminate Account(s).
Orders, Pricing & Payments
- Delivery areas
At present, Northsea delivers to all over Singapore. Northsea will only process and accept orders within our delivery coverage.
- All orders made by you are subject to stock availability. Northsea reserves the right to cancel, amend or reject your order in whole or in part, at any time and without liability or compensation, where any product is out of stock, damaged or spoilt, or unavailable for any other reason. Northsea reserves the right to limit your order or the quantity of a particular product you may order.
- Product Information, Pricing and Payment
- Northsea endeavours to provide you with accurate and up-to-date pricing, product and promotional information. However, errors may sometimes occur and we do not guarantee that the pricing, images, or other product or promotional information provided will be accurate, reliable, current, error-free, updated, or complete. You agree that Northsea shall not be liable for any errors in the pricing and product or promotional information listed on our Site, or through our Services. The price to be paid by you shall be based on our prevailing selling price at the time we receive your order, which may or may not be correctly reflected on the Site, or through our Services. If a product offered by Northsea itself is not as described, we may issue you store credits to use in your future orders as compensation.
- If the actual price of any item ordered by you is higher than that reflected on the Site, or through our Services, we will inform you and you will be given an option to confirm or cancel your purchase of such item based on the correct price. By confirming your purchase, you authorise us to charge the additional amounts to you. If you elect to cancel the purchase, we will reverse or refund payment for such item in accordance with our prevailing refund policy at such time. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order in respect of the incorrectly priced item as cancelled.
- Payment for all orders shall be made in Singapore dollars.
- We accept payment for orders by PayPal only. Kindly note that PayPal currently accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover cards, and the credit/debit cards and payment methods accepted by PayPal is subject to change. Northsea is unable to accept paper checks, food stamps, or third-party coupons.
- By placing your order, you authorise us to transmit information or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time and this may include verification checks involving your debit or credit card number or credit reports in order to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation, to protect you and us from fraud, and to enable us to arrange delivery of your order to your nominated delivery address.
Promotions, Voucher Codes and other Privileges and Programmes
- Promotions, contests, privileges, and programmes are only valid for the time period specified by Northsea and while stocks last basis. No compensation or cash will be offered in the event that a promotion is no longer in stock.
- The following terms shall apply to the use of credits, vouchers, coupons and codes (“Voucher Codes”):
- Each Voucher Code is only eligible for a single use and is only valid for the time period specified by Northsea.
- Use of any Voucher Code must be indicated at the time of checkout, and all information required by Northsea must be provided. No retroactive use of the Voucher Code is permitted.
- Voucher Codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, voucher, coupon, code or offer, including but not limited to discounted sale items, unless otherwise stated.
- A minimum spend may be required before use of the Voucher Code is permitted.
- Voucher Codes cannot be refunded, redeemed or exchanged for cash.
- Resale, transfer and sharing of Voucher Codes are strictly prohibited. In spite of the above, gift vouchers, if offered by Northsea, may be purchased by you and given to others.
- No reproduction, alteration, adaptation, tampering, distribution, publication, broadcast or other communication or dissemination of Voucher Codes is allowed.
- Voucher Codes are non-replaceable if lost, stolen, destroyed, duplicated, tampered with or otherwise misappropriated or fraudulently used.
- Northsea reserves the right to verify the validity of any Voucher Code and to declare null and void and charge full price for items purchased, any Voucher Code that in our opinion has been stolen, duplicated, tampered with, or which is suspected to have been misappropriated or fraudulently obtained or used.
- Northsea reserves the right to vary or impose such other terms and conditions, as we deem appropriate from time to time by posting the varied terms and conditions on the Site.
- Where any free gift is offered as part of a promotion, the free gift is offered on a “first come first serve” basis and while stocks last basis. No cash or credit will be offered in lieu of the gift.
- Northsea’s decision on all matters relating to promotions, discounts, Voucher Codes and other privileges is final and binding.
- Northsea reserves the right to discontinue any promotion, discount, Voucher Code programme, contest, privileges or programme at any time without notice or liability.
Deliveries & Returns
- Delivery slots are subject to availability.
- Northsea will endeavour to deliver the products to your delivery address within the delivery time frame, but does not and cannot guarantee that the delivery time frames will be met as there may be factors outside of our control which may result in early or delayed deliveries such as weather, traffic, haze, etc. You agree that Northsea shall not be liable for any deliveries made outside the delivery time frame. If your designated delivery location is inaccessible, rendering us unable to make the delivery, we will contact you to determine the best alternative location and/or date.
- Please notify Northsea immediately of any change to your delivery address, date or time of delivery, or contact number. Any changes in the delivery address or date or time of delivery after the submission of your order may incur an administrative charge of S$20.00.
- Northsea uses proprietary cooling systems to maintain the quality and integrity of your products. To maintain the integrity of products after delivery, we recommend that you immediately refrigerate or free perishable items.
- If the delivery includes alcoholic drinks or any other age-restricted items, which may not be delivered to a minor, please ensure a person of 18 years of age or older with appropriate identification is present to take delivery of the alcoholic drinks or other items. Northsea reserves the right not to deliver any age-restricted product to anyone who is, or appears to be under, the age of 18 years old, and to charge the Customer an additional re-delivery fee of S$20.00. Northsea also reserves the right to refuse to deliver any alcohol to any person who is, or appears to be, under the influence of either alcohol or drugs. You agree that if any applicable legal requirements for the delivery of alcohol are not met, Northsea reserves the right to cancel the alcohol-related portion of your order.
- We ask that you please check your order upon delivery. If you’re not completely happy with your fresh or perishable products, let us know within 7 days from your delivery date and we’ll either provide you with store credit or an exchange and this will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- The copyright, patents, trademarks, registered designs and all intellectual property rights in the Services, the Site, and all Content shall vest in and remain with Northsea and its licensors. Consent is granted to view, electronically copy, and print in hard copy portions of the Site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Northsea for your use. Any other use of the materials on this Site, including modification, distribution, or reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, without the prior written permission of Northsea is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that Northsea and/or third-party content providers remain the owners of such material and that you do not acquire any of those ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. Northsea reserves the right to revoke this authorization at any time, and any use shall be discontinued immediately on written notice from Northsea.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks“) displayed on this Site are the property of Northsea and other third parties, and all rights to the Marks are expressly reserved by Northsea and relevant third parties. You are not permitted to use the name of Northsea or any Marks, including in any advertising or publicity or as a hyperlink, without the prior written consent of Northsea or such third party.
- The domain name on which the Site is hosted on is the sole property of Northsea and you may not use or otherwise adopt a similar name for your own use.
Comments, Feedback, and Other Information
- You may provide or submit comments, feedback, suggestions and other content or information (collectively, “Comments”) so long as the content is not illegal, criminal, immoral, inappropriate, hateful, obscene, defamatory, offensive, violent, abusive, political, religious, infringing or disrespectful in nature, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, solicitation or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a Comment. Northsea reserves the right (but not the obligation) to review, remove or edit such content.
- You hereby grant Northsea a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and sub-licensable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, display, communicate, transmit, broadcast, distribute and exploit any Comments that you provide or publish through or in relation to the Site, for any purpose as Northsea may require at its sole discretion. You further agree that Northsea may use and publish your name in connection with such comments.
Disclaimers & Limitations
- While we make every effort to ensure that the Site, Services and all Content is accurate and complete, we provide the Site, Services and Content on an ‘as is’, ‘as available’ basis only without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Northsea disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, compliance with description, or the warranty of non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Northsea does not warrant that the functions contained in or access to the Site, Services, Content or other content will be timely, quality, suitable, available, accurate, uninterrupted, error-free, or without omission, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site, Services, or Content are free of viruses or other harmful components, or that the download, installation or use of any Content in or with any device will not affect the functionality or performance of the device. Northsea does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Content, the Services, the Site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or otherwise.
The Site, and Service is provided to you strictly on an “as is” basis. All conditions, representations, and warranties, whether express, implied, statutory, or otherwise including or otherwise, including, without limitation, any limitation, any implied warranty or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third party rights, are hereby disclaimed to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law by guaranty as to the reliability, safely, timeliness, quality, suitability or availability of any services, products, or goods obtained by third parties through the use of the services or Site, or Services. Your use of the Site, or Services and any third party services or products remains solely with you to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- You agree that:
- Northsea shall be entitled at any time, at its sole and absolute discretion and without prior notice, to add to, vary, terminate, withdraw or suspend the operation of the whole or any part or feature of the Site, or Services without assigning any reason; and
- access to or the operation of the Site, and/or the Services may from time to time be interrupted or encounter technical or other problems and may not necessarily continue uninterrupted or without technical or other errors;
- Northsea’s Site, and Service may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherently and in any such event, Northsea shall not be liable for any loss, liability or damage, which may be incurred as a result.
- In no event shall Northsea be liable to you for any damages, losses, expenses, liabilities under any causes of action (whether in contract or tort including, but not limited to negligence, or otherwise) caused through the use of, or the inability to use, the Services, the Site, Content or any other website or device. In the event that Northsea is liable for damages despite the foregoing provision, you agree that Northsea’s aggregate liability to you for any and all causes of action in relation to:
- in all other cases (including any use of the Site, or Services), shall not exceed S$1.
- In no event shall Northsea be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, or incidental damages that result from the Services, Site, or Content, or your use of, or the inability to use, the Services, Site, Content or any other website or device, even if Northsea or a Northsea authorised representative has been advised of, or should have foreseen, the possibility of such damages.
- You agree that the above exclusions and limitations of liability enable the Services and the Content to be provided by Northsea at either reasonable costs or no costs to you.
- Northsea may provide links, plug-ins, widgets or other connections to other sites (“Linked Sites“) that may be of relevance and interest to users. Northsea has no control over, and is not responsible for the content on or obtained through the Linked Sites or for any damage you may incur from the Linked Sites (including any virus, spyware, malware, worms, errors or damaging material contained in the Linked Sites) or the availability, accuracy or reliability of any of the Linked Sites. You hereby agree to assume all risk arising from the use of the Linked Sites and hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to the Linked Sites. Northsea does not endorse, recommend or guarantee any of the Linked Sites, and Northsea expressly disclaims all liabilities and responsibilities arising in relation to any Linked Sites.
Security & Privacy
Suspension and Termination
- You agree that Northsea has the right in its sole and absolute discretion and without notice or liability to:
- restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Site, or Services; and/or
- terminate, deactivate or suspend your Account, delete your Account and all related information and files in your Account,
without assigning any reason.
Notification of Infringement
- Northsea reserves the right to investigate notices of copyright, trademark and other intellectual property infringement (“Infringement”) in respect of the Site, Services or Content (“Infringing Material”) and take appropriate action. If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on the Site, or Services, please notify Northsea in writing immediately in the form and containing the information prescribed by the Singapore Copyright Act (Cap. 63) (“Infringement Notice”).
- All Infringement Notices shall be sent to Northsea addressed as follows:
94F Jalan Senang
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northsea will duly consider all Infringement Notices submitted in the above manner. In return, you agree that you shall not take any legal action or exercise any legal remedy you may have against Northsea in respect of any Infringing Material, unless you have first given Northsea the Infringement Notice and sufficient opportunity to remove the Infringing Material, and thereafter Northsea refuses or fails to remove the Infringing Material within a reasonable time. Where Northsea removes the Infringing Material in response to your Infringement Notice, you agree not to exercise and you hereby waive, any right of action against Northsea under applicable law which you may have in respect of any Infringing Material appearing on the Site prior to such removal by Northsea.
- You acknowledge and agree that Northsea has no control and cannot undertake responsibility or liability in respect of Infringing Material appearing on or through Linked Sites or other third party sites.
- The Site, and Services are meant for use by residents of Singapore only. Northsea makes no representation that the Services and Contents of the Site are appropriate or available for use in your location. Those who choose to access this Site from any location do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Northsea, and its officers, agents, partners, and employees, harmless from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, liabilities (including statutory liability and liability to third parties), penalties, and costs (including without limitation, legal costs on a full indemnity basis), awards, losses and/or expenses, due to or arising out of:
- any use of the Site, or any Service;
- your connection to the Site;
- your violation of any rights of any third party, including providers of courier services arranged via the Site, or any Service;
- your violation of any rights of another person or entity; or
- your breach of any statutory requirement, duty or law.
Relationship of Parties
- No waiver of any rights or remedies by Northsea shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorised representative of Northsea.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
You hereby agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.